EPFL - I&C - LASEC
Station 14 - Building INF
Tel. +41 21 693 7603
Job application or support letter request:
please read our policy.
Due to severe increase and abuse by students sending generic requests to
many people, we can no longer filter spam from serious requests.
The following guidelines must be followed to apply to LASEC or to request
a support letter.
Any other request may just be discarded without any notification
We do apologize to serious students for this additional burden.
We do assure that we will treat and answer their request in due course.
Projects / studies / research job applications to LASEC
If you are a student applying for any project work within LASEC, please proceed
along the following guidelines.
Internal EPFL students applying for a semester project or master thesis
- please first have a look at
- please prepare an (informal) application letter explaining what you
already did within LASEC (lectures, previous projects), why you are applying
(motivation), what is your schedule (starting-ending dates)
- please contact the person of contact indicated next to the project proposal.
External students applying for a master thesis
- be aware that LASEC does not provide financial support to undergraduate
students: students come with their own fellowship
- please prepare an application letter explaining what is your education
background, why you are applying (motivation), what is your schedule
(starting-ending dates), and provide the name and email addresses of
professors we could contact to support your application
- please send your application to the LASEC secretary (Sylvie Buchard).
Foreign students applying for summer internship whatsoever
Students applying for a PhD position
- application for PhD must be done to our graduate school - please visit https://go.epfl.ch/edic
- you can contact us in parallel by providing your CV, the list of (all) lectures you attended to including the exam grades (when available), and the name and email addresses of professors we could contact to support your application. You can do so via sending an email to email@example.com
PhDs applying for a postdoc position
- please prepare an application letter explaining your motivation, provide
- provide the name and email addresses of professors we could contact to
support your application
- please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support letter requests
If you are a student requesting a support letter for any application, please
proceed along the following guidelines.
Internal EPFL students applying for an internship or master thesis
- please send your request to the head of LASEC (Prof. Serge Vaudenay)
- expect a delay - last minute requests will be ignored.
- be aware that we write diligent but fair letters - if you underperformed in one branch we are aware of, this will be mentioned on the letter.
Foreign students applying for Federal subsidies to study at EPFL
- please first consider you may not be asking to the right place
- please clearly explain your case, make clear that you have read this page, and send your request
to the head of LASEC (Prof. Serge Vaudenay).
Information on how to contact people at LASEC
You can contact us by email
(see our directory
Please mention that you have read this document.